Disadvantages of Burial Life Insurance
You can see that there are far fewer drawbacks then with prepaid funerals. When sold to an appropriate person (elderly, ill, or lower income), burial insurance is easy to apply for and low risk. When sold to people that don't need it (healthy, young and affluent), funeral insurance is probably a waste of money.
- Maximums of only $5,000-$50,000
- Heart problems and terminal illness may not qualify
- Only get a full benefit after 1-5 year waiting period
- Good health doesn't qualify for lower premiums
- May not be available to children or over 80
- Low or negative return on cash value
- Premiums may total more than the death benefit
Remember that no one has ever lived, that could not have eventually collected.
Plans only run from $10 to $50 per month, so the cost is minimal.
Contact Us - Resources - Sitemap